01 02 03 Pinterest 911: Tuna Casserole Like You've Never Had Before! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Tuna Casserole Like You've Never Had Before!

34

I know, I know this has been done before...MANY, MANY times but please trust me when I say this is not like those times. This recipe I had sent to me via my inbox from a blog I follow regularly called; "Our Best Bites". If you are looking for delicious...let me rephrase that...DELICIOUS recipes then please do not just visit their site but lock it in for daily inbox delivery. Hear me when I say, you will not be disappointed. I pinned this recipe to my food board on Pinterest, as we Bears, love it so much.

You will need the following ingredients for my adaptation of this Tuna Casserole recipe:

I forgot to place the Cream of Chicken Soup in this picture but you will find it in my last post here.



8oz Pasta shells, Bowties, Penne, Rigatoni ...whatever you like cooked al dente according to your package
4tbsp Butter
1 celery stalk sliced thinly
1 small to med onion ( I use on the larger side for us as we like our fried onion)
8 large mushrooms
EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
4tbsp Flour
1 Can of Cream of Chicken ( I use the No Name Brand for this and instead of chicken broth as I like the thickness and flavour it adds to the recipe)
1C milk
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 small lemon juiced
1C Parmesan Cheese (we use it straight from the can and really I don't measure this out, just to taste)
1 Can of Tuna (drained)

Topping:
2 Slices of bread ripped into chunks (I use leftover crusts that no one likes to eat as is)
1tbsp melted Butter


We start off on the stove with a hot pot of salted water, bring to a boil and toss in your pasta of choice. Remember to cook them about 2 minutes less than the package calls for so that they are not over cooked when they come out of the oven later. I also run my noodles under just a bit of cold water so they stop cooking right away.

While those little babies are boiling away, chop up your onion, celery and mushrooms...well wash them and then then chop them. But I am sure I didn't have to tell you that. Next melt 1tbsp of butter in your frying pan  and add your celery for 2min before adding your onion for 3 min and then last to join the party, your mushrooms. Feel free to add some EVOO at this time to not only add some flavour but to keep your items from sticking to your pan. This point is where I differ from the girls at Our Best Bites ...we love our fried onions and mushrooms so I choose to fry these friends up until they are a nice golden brown.




 It is all a matter of taste, so I leave how long you want them in the pan for, all up to you. At this point heat your oven to a toasty, warm temperature of 350 degrees before moving on to the sauce.

While your vegies are frying; in the pot you cooked your noodles in, heat up the remaining 3tbsp of butter and whisk in your 4tbsp of flour. Once they are fully whisked together, remove the pan from the heat and add in your 1 Can of Cream of Chicken Soup and your 1Cup of milk. Place the pot back on medium heat, bringing your mix to a low simmer. At this point you will want to salt and pepper to taste, stirring well. Remove your mix from the stove top and add in the final ingredients of 1 lemon freshly squeezed (A tip I learned for squeezing lemons with your hand into something, hold the lemon skin side down and that way when you squeeze it the seeds stay inside the peel and do not end up in your food) and Parmesan to taste. Give them all a good stir and get those ingredients knowing each other well before tossing in your cooked noodles, fried vegies and 1 Can of Tuna. Once you have them all together, pour the casserole into an oven safe dish.



Now comes the fun part...rip and tear your pieces of bread and toss all over the top (if you have little ones like me that love to help in the kitchen this is the part to call them in for, who am I kidding BabyBear is already there)...melt your 1tbsp of butter and pour all over the top of your bread tears. You are now ready to bake your creation at 350 degrees for 30minutes ...Now go and ready yourself for all the compliments your family will pour out on you for this DELICIOUS dish!

I know, I know no vegetables to accompany this meal but I got so busy with washing the truck while it cooked that I ran out of time...ooops!


Be Brave and Try Something New Today...feel free to share your comments below...I would love to hear from you.


Labels: ,

35 36 37 38