01 02 03 Pinterest 911: Garlic Focaccia to Your Hearts Content 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Garlic Focaccia to Your Hearts Content

34
If you are anything like me you LOVE yourself some bread...fresh, warm right out of the oven piece of heaven. For this reason I have made it a must in life to know how to make my own bread. Many of you have seen my antique bread kneader being used on more than one occasion in my posts on here...trust me I put that thing to good use on a regular basis but once in a while I don't feel like going that extra mile and I will use my bread maker to do the work for me. Garlic Focaccia by Good Cheap Eats is the bread I usually choose for my machine's job...its so simple and yet the end result is Bakery Fresh taste.

For today's adapted recipe you will need:



1 1/4 Cup Water
2 TBSP EVOO
2 1/4 Cups White Flour
1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 tsp Salt
1.5 Garlic Salt (I use the Club House Garlic Plus Seasoning)
2.5 tsp Yeast
EVOO (In a sprayer I find works best)
Sea Salt
Saran Wrap (Dollar store kind is just fine for this)

Layer all of the above ingredients in your bread machine, making sure to leave out the EVOO and Sea Salt at the bottom of the list. Turn your machine on to the dough setting and let it do the work. Once the machine has finished...usually about 90minutes in total...you will need to spray your pizza pan with EVOO and turn the dough out on to it. Stretch and press it out evenly all over, creating a pizza dough look with your bread on your pan. Once it is evenly spread out, you will need to once again brush or spray on some EVOO all over the top and edges to help it remain soft and not become encrusted while it rises. Add a touch of Sea Salt before covering the dough lightly with your saran wrap and placing it somewhere warm to rise for a minimum of 30 minutes...although I always like to let my bread rise for an hour or more. I like it big and puffy when going into the oven.



When you are satisfied with its rising time...turn on your oven to a toasty warm 450ยบ. Once it has risen to temperature...remove your plastic wrap from the dough, add a touch more salt to taste, a spray of EVOO and bake for 15 minutes. I find that it works best in my oven to turn the pan a couple of times while it is baking to keep the toasty brown even on all sides.

Smell that deliciousness...and dig in....




This time around I used our bread for creating hot roast beef sandwiches...I use up our leftovers like this with everything including the mashed potatoes and gravy going on the sandwich. These sandwiches go like HOT cakes in our house.

Be Brave and try something new today...be a baker and create your own deliciousness right at home. Do you make bread? If so do you have any tips on how to create big puffy loaves every time?


Labels:

35 36 37 38