Last week just before we headed out of town for a weekend away I received notification on my Facebook page that I had been nominated for an award known as the Liebster Award. MY blog...Pinterest911...nominated for an award...WOW! I am so excited and so very honored to have been chosen by two very amazing bloggers themselves....
Thank you very much to both of you ladies for including me in your choices for this award.
So, what is a Liebster Award?
This is an award that is given to blogs that have less than 200 followers. This fun chain style letter allows bloggers to connect with each other, discover new blogs to follow and gives us all a way to show our support for what we each bring to the table.
There is of course certain criteria that must be met in order for a blogger to be able to share this award and nominate other bloggers.
The rules are simple:
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for bloggers you pass the award to
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) and pass the award (and link) to them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them about the award
5. No tag backs
My 11 Random Facts:
I am a stay at home mother of 2 bears...
one who will be 16 this year and the other one who will be 5.
I am not only a mother but a teacher in a way...
as I homeschool both my kids.
I love animals.
I love photography...
although I have a LONG way to go to being a good one:D
I met my soulmate 12 years ago and married him almost 4 years ago.
I LOVE chocolate but cannot eat it due to my crohn's disease.
I am in an amazing book club that reads books made in to movies.
I am hoping to open an etsy shop in the very near future.
I have a dream to create an anti-bullying campaign that actually works.
I LOVE working with kids.
I am also at request a Designer, Screen Printer, 3D cake sculptor
and cookie decorator.
My answers to the ladies questions...
1. Where do you find inspiration [or what inspires you most]? I find my inspiration from my everyday life, in my kids, my husband, my Gramma, my friends, my Best Friend Anj, oh and of course Pinterest.
2. What do you want from your blog? I would love for my blog to not only reach out and help people but to be able to create a living either with my blog or from something that comes out of it.
3. Blogger or Wordpress? Why? I chose Blogger because I find it simple to navigate and learn.
4. How do you feel about Pinning your own DIY posts? I love pinning them as it is a FREE form of advertisement and brings in more readers...which is what we all want.
5. Favorite Season? Why? My favorite season is most definitely summer...I Love being out the in the sunshine and I feel my healthiest when I am warm and full of Vitamin D.
6. Best part about blogging is... being able to share my creativity with others and inspire them to live happier, healthier, creative lives.
7. How many email accounts do you have? I have 4 email accounts.
8. Best age of your life so far? I would have to say that the best age of my life so far is the one I am at now...because I am content in who I am, where I am at and realize that I do not want to waste my life on things that stress me out instead of lifting me up.
9. Average time you spend on a blog post? 45 minutes...and up...as it starts from the creating point, editing pictures, writing, posting and advertising it with link ups...so much fun all the way through, although I Love the creating part best.
10. Favorite beverage? My favourite beverage is White Hot Chocolate with Candy Cane pieces in it.
11. One thing you never leave home without? The one thing I never leave home with out is my Iphone 5.
What is your favorite movie of all time? My most favourite movie of all time is "The Notebook" ...because I can relate to that story in my own marriage.
What are you most proud of and why? I am most proud of how my kids aka bears are turning out.
If you had a whole day without any commitments and could do anything, what would you do or how would you spend your day? I would spend my day sewing, baking and reading.
If you could time travel, what time period would you visit and where? If I could time travel I would visit Bethlehem on the birth day of Jesus Christ. I believe it would be so incredible to hold God's son as a baby.
What is your favorite dessert? My most favorite dessert is Cherry Slice...my Gramma makes the BEST one ever.
Would you prefer to spend your spare time with people or by yourself? I would prefer to spend my spare time with certain people...although alone time is always nice too.
Why did you start blogging? I started blogging because I wanted to share my ideas and creativity with those around me...it just so happened that it took off wider than that.
Did you make a new years resolution? If so, what was it and why? If not, why? I don't make New Year's resolutions, but instead just try to do my best at all times.
How many blogs do you read regularly? I regularly read 6 or so blogs.
If you were to design a music festival with only five artists, who would you invite? Haha...now my husband is going to laugh at this first one but definitely Justin Bieber...with my next choices in no particular order...Matisyahu, Dappy, Hoodie Allen and Conor Maynard.
What is your favorite book and why? (One of) My favourite book(s) at this point I would have to say is(are) the Immortal Series...I love fantasy books with vampires, werewolves, fairies, battles, family turmoil, love and these have it all.